Jose Alejandro Amundarain Rondon
Mechanical Design Engineer | Project Manager | Product development
I’m an accomplished bilingual mechanical engineer persistent detail-oriented person, trained and certified technical abilities in 3D CAD sheet metal, weldment, assemblies and drawings in Solidworks. In addition to ten years of experience working as design engineer on high-end technologies like metal 3d printers and plasma nitriding furnaces and project manager leading engineer departments and plant construction for mining industry.
Muir Engineering | May 2021 - on going
Continuation of previous role in direct contract with the company.
Hays – contract role for Muir Engineering | November 2020 – May 2021Muir Windlasses Australia specialises in the manufacture of high-quality, Australian-made windlasses and anchoring systems of vessels from pleasure craft five metres to superyachts and 150 metres commercial vessels.
Mechanical Engineer (Contract)
Ion Heat | Feb 2017 to Feb 2020Ion Heat is a company that designs, manufactures, and commercializes thermal processing equipment of high technological standard with specialty in Nitriding Systems and vacuum furnaces in the thermal processing field.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Managed projects of vacuum plasma nitriding furnaces from design to installation.
- Delivered 3D Models, Calculations and CAE simulations for design of mechanical parts.
- Handled schedules, supervised manufacture and participated in quality control.
- Developed new technologies and optimization of the actual designs of Vacuum plasma nitriding furnaces.
- Contributed with technical assistance to customer as needed.
- Directed the design, manufacture and installation of Vacuum plasma nitriding furnaces in New York, Netherlands and India.
- Designed and manufactured Top-notch Technologies that very few people in the world work on such as: Vacuum Plasma Nitriding, Metal 3D printing technology and 3D generative design for additive manufacturing only possible thanks to 3d Metal printing technology.
Indesol - Censco | Dec 2014 to Feb 2017Indesol / Censco is a leader in mechanical and electrical design especially in industrial equipment technologies and focuses on remote engineering services and on-site services like assembly and installation.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Delivered machinery structural design, mechanism, pneumatics and automation for plastic industry like extruders, winders, and design work for pressure vessels and buildings.
- Completed drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work.
- Estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements.
- Negotiated with clients about projects and pricing.
- Created standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Enhanced analysis of data, carrying out complex computations (FEA) and preparing diagrams.
- Secured reputation for the company within clients for engineering quality and efficiency, increasing 20% of engineering services provided to these clients.
- Trusted by client´s and be increased request to do engineer work on their sites.
Omya Andina | Apr 2013 to Nov 2014Omya is a mining industry company leading the global production of calcium carbonate and a worldwide distributor of specialty chemicals.
Mechanical Project Engineer
- Directed projects from definition to execution phases.
- Devised baselines of projects (scope, budget and schedule).
- Moderated engineering teams and effective communication between the project team and suppliers, contractors.
- Promoted the effective sustainability management (quality, health, safety and environment) in comfort with Omya politics and local law and regulations.
- Orchestrated and guided project labour, delivery of materials, plant, equipment and contracts with suppliers and 3rd party personal working on site.
- Accomplished all baselines of the project.
- 0 accidents in almost 2 years of work on the complete execution of the biggest project (10 million dollars project, around 150+ workers all the time).
- Rebuilt plant processes saving up to 10% of cost.
Indesol - Censco | Dec 2010 to Mar 2013Indesol / Censco is a leader in mechanical and electrical design especially in industrial equipment technologies and focuses on remote engineering services and on-site services like assembly and installation.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Negotiated, drafted and established contracts, programs, projects and services.
- Mentored and cultivated the engineering department to ensure that goals are met.
- Designed mechanical equipment, machinery, components, products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction.
- Developed specifications for manufacture, determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant or systems.
- Managed to get 2 new clients with constant engineering projects for the company.
- Boosted workflow 20% of engineering projects.
- Slashed 40% lost time in administration for engineer employees.
- Overhauled project management system and documents for the company.
Diploma in Engineering | 2021
Mechanical design honours degree | 2010
Diploma in Formulation, Evaluacion and Management of Projects | 2009
Mechanical Engineer | 2008
[Technology University of Centre (UNITEC)]
o English - Fluent o Spanish - Nativeo Portuguese - A2o German - A1
Skills and Others
o 3D CAD: Solidworks, AutoCAD, Creo, Inventor, Civil 3D.o Reverse Engineering Software: VxModel, Polyworks.o 3D Scan: Handy Scan from Creaform.o 3D inspection: Polyworks Inspector, VxElements.o FEA analysis: Ansys, Solidworks Simulation.